A veggie version of a classic. The most colourful Scotch Egg you’ll ever see.
5 Large Eggs
300 g potato boiled grated
100 g beetroot grated
2-3 green chilli chopped
2-3 tbsp Coriander leaves
1 cup bread crumb seasoned with Mixed herbs
Salt to taste
Vegetable/olive oil for frying
- To make the covering of scotch eggs, first in a mixing bowl add grated beetroot, grated potatoes, bread crumbs, coriander leaves, green chilli, salt, one egg and mix them well to make a soft dough.
- Boil the eggs for 3-4 minute in hot salted water.
- Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water then peel.
- Divide the dough into four portions and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Place the boiled egg filled onto the flattened dough and cover it entirely with the dough.
- Roll in flour
- Dip in a whisked egg
- Roll in breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these scotch eggs till golden brown.
- Add to a serving plate or tray, with one cut in half to expose the runny yolk inside the two halves of the egg. Salad leaves can be used as an garnish to add even more colour..