Taking the TikTok four-fold tortilla trick to new heights. Using a Crêpe rather than a tortilla and all of your fry-up faves! This beauty is fried until golden and oozing.
For the Crêpe batter
110g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 large Happy Eggs
240ml whole milk
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
Butter for the pan
For the filling
8 bacon rashers
2-4 large Happy Eggs- depending on how hungry!
1 tbsp butter
Large handful spinach roughly chopped
1 tin drained chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Lay the sausages on a lined baking tray, prick a little all over, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little oil and pop in the oven for 20-25 mins (turning halfway through).
2. Meanwhile, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack in your Happy eggs and use a fork to gently beat. As you beat, slowly add the milk bit by bit until a smooth and runny batter forms.
3. Stir through the oil and mixed herbs, season with pepper and set aside. Lay your bacon in a single layer on a lined baking tray and pop in the oven for 15 mins (checking halfway through).
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter. Add a ladle of batter to the pan and tip from side to side so that the base of the pan is evenly covered. Cook for 1 min, flip and then cook for a further 15 seconds. Remove from the pan and pop on a plate. Repeat to create 4 pancakes.
5. Remove the bacon and sausages from the oven and pop to one side to cool slightly. Whilst cooling, it’s time to scramble your Happy eggs.
6. Crack your Happy eggs into a pouring jug and beat with the milk and some salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add a knob of butter and the milk and egg mixture. Allow to sit for 30 seconds and then continuously move about with a wooden spoon until cooked. Set aside.
7. Now to assemble! Place a pancake on a flat surface and cut a horizontal line from the centre to the bottom of the pancake. Cut your sausages in half and lay three halves in the bottom right quarter. Moving clockwise, place two bacon rashers in the top left quarter, followed by a quarter of the scrambled egg and spinach top right and finally a large spoonful of the chopped tomatoes and sprinkling of cheese in the bottom right.
8. Now to get folding. Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right. Repeat this for each wrap!
9. Heat a tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and then add two wraps. Cook for a min on one side, using a spatula to press down, flip and cook for a further min.
10. Remove from the pan and repeat with the final two wraps! There you have it- a Full English crêpe/wrap/panini…. oh why give it a label when all that matters is that it is pure breakfast deliciousness!