Bringing a taste of the tropics to you! Coconut and mango pancakes topped with a passionfruit yoghurt, kiwi segments, pomegranate and pineapple with a sprinkle of crunchy granola.
For the American pancake batter
4 tbsp caster sugar
50g desiccated coconut
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
120g plain flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g mango roughly cut into small chunks
Butter for the pan
2 passion fruits
400g Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp honey
2 kiwis skin removed cut into rings
Handful pomegranate seeds
150g pineapple cut into chunks
Large handful granola
1. Add the caster sugar and coconut to a large mixing bowl and sift in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and plain flour.
2. Make a well in the centre and crack in your Happy eggs followed by vanilla extract and use a fork to gently beat. As you beat, slowly add the milk bit by bit until a smooth, thick batter forms. Gently stir through the mango.
3. Scoop out the insides of your passion fruits and mix with the Greek yoghurt. Set aside ready to serve later.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter. Allow the butter to melt and then add a ladle of batter to the pan
5. Once the top of the pancake begins to bubble you know it’s ready to flip. Cook for a minute or two on the second side, pop on a plate and repeat.
6. Now to get stacking! Stack high for the ultimate sharer or split onto plates.
7. Dollop generously with your passion fruit yoghurt, pile with assorted fruit, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with granola- now that’s what I call bringing a taste of the tropics to your kitchen!