This one-pan meal is perfect for a big family get together. Rustle up a tasty dish that brings together glorious sweet potato hash with sausage and egg. Then share a lazy Sunday brunch with all your favourite people. If it’s a tasty brunch for one you’re after, take a look at our recipe for poached eggs on avocado.
2 medium happy eggs
3 quality sausages, casing removed
1 sweet potato, diced
½ onion, diced
½ red pepper, diced
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /180°C
- In a bowl, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, chilli powder, oregano and garlic. Season it to taste and stir until well coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Place it in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large ovenproof frying pan or skillet over a medium-high heat. Add onions and red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the sausages and cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir everything together. Reduce your oven to 170°C /150°C
- Make two deep wells in the centre of the mixture. Carefully break 1 egg into each hollow, taking care to keep the yolks intact. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg whites are set.
Garnish with sliced spring onions and enjoy.