There’s nothing like buttery toast topped with creamy scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Served with a hot coffee and a leisurely read of the paper. Tuck into our indulgent yet healthy recipe for breakfast. And if you love this brunch idea, next time give poached egg and avocado on toast a go.
8 happy eggs (medium or large)
Smoked salmon, sliced (as much as you like)
4 English muffins
2 tbsp unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your grill on a high setting.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug, add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Slice the muffins in half then pop them under the grill (keeping an eye on them while you prepare the eggs).
- Put a medium saucepan over a low heat and add butter.
- Leave it to melt slowly. When the butter starts to bubble, carefully pour in the eggs.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs look silky, slightly runny and a little underdone. Remove from the hob – the heat in the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection.
- Place the toasted muffins on plates and top with the eggs plus piles of smoked salmon. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.