A healthy vanilla pancake stack packed with protein thanks to Liquid Egg Whites.
Oil spray, for greasing the oat
4 tbsp Happy Egg co. liquid egg whites
100g oat flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g greek yogurt 0% fat
135 ml semi skimmed milk
Any additional toppings- fresh berries/greek yogurt/maple syrup/ mixed seeds
- Add the egg whites to a large, clean bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, bicarbonate soda and salt. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, yogurt and milk and whisk again until smooth and combined.
- Add the egg whites and carefully fold the mixture together, being careful not to knock the air out.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat. Once hat, spray lightly with oil spray. Place a heaped tbsp of mixture into the pan and turn the temp to low/medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the top. Then carefully flip the pancake over (taking extra care not to knock the air bubbles out).
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. Stack your pancakes, top with fresh fruit, yogurt and maple syrup.
Want super neat circular pancakes? Use a pancake ring to cook your pancakes before flipping over!