3 Happy Eggs
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
100g smoked salmon, cut into strips
75g frozen peas
1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
280ml double cream
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas 6.
- Place a baking tray in the oven. Use the pastry to line the base and side of a 4cm x 20cm tin, trimming the pastry to fit. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place the pastry tin on the hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Combine the salmon, peas, lemon rind and chives in a bowl. Place the mixture into the pastry case.
- To make the egg mix, crack the eggs into a large jug and add the cream. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the salmon mixture in the pastry case. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and just set. Serve immediately.
Serve with a green side salad.