Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside these macaroons are guaranteed to satisfy those spring baking urges.
225 ground almonds
200 caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp happy egg Liquid Egg Whites
1 cup icing sugar
Water to mix for drizzle piping
- Mix ground almonds and sugar in a bowl
- Separately whisk egg whites till just frothy
- Add enough egg whites and vanilla to the dry ingredients very gradually in spoonfuls till combined to a soft mixture that can be rolled into balls.
- Add a few sprinkles if desired for extra sweetness and colour. If you prefer a very chewy middle just use the sprinkles for decoration.
- Form balls about the size of a walnut and place on a lined baking tray about 5 cm apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 Fan for approx 15-18 minute till light golden.
They will still be soft and harden when they cool. Don’t overbake as you want a chewy middle.
- When cool drizzle some the icing over the top and sprinkle generously the most colourful funfetti you can find.