real proper custard
570ml pint milk
55ml single cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 Happy Eggs, yolks only
30g caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
- Add the milk, cream and vanilla extract to a pan and bring to a simmer on a low heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornflour and egg yolks until you have a blended mix.
- Add the hot milk and cream into the bowl with the eggs and sugar, whisking as you pour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Serve the custard in a jug and serve warm.