This avocado and poached egg salad is full of protein and veggies, so it’s the perfect healthy twist on mealtimes. Plus, it’s ready in just 15 minutes.
4 large happy eggs
2 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
Packet of pre-cooked, microwaveable quinoa
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Bag of mixed lettuce leaves
1 tbsp pistachios
14 baby tomatoes, halved
1 handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tsp grain mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pan with water and bring it to a light boil, then add 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Crack each egg into a small ramekin.
- Stir the water in the pan to create a whirlpool then gently tip in the eggs. Use a slotted spoon to keep them floating, and poach for 2-3 minutes. Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cook the quinoa following packet instructions, then tip into a large bowl.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh and slice.
- Add avocado, baby tomatoes, lettuce leaves, chopped mint leaves and pistachios to the quinoa and mix together.
- In a separate bowl mix the olive oil, remaining ½ tbsp of vinegar, mustard and season. Dress the salad.
Divide the salad between two big bowls and top each with a poached egg.