Light-as-air meringue roulade with creamy yoghurt filling, fresh summer berries and toasted almond topping.
10 tbsp Happy egg whites
275g caster sugar
For the filling
400ml Greek yoghurt
1 cup of fresh or frozen berries + extra for topping
50g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk on full speed until very stiff. Gradually add sugar until it is incorporated and the mixture is extremely stiff and glossy.
- Prepare 23 x 33cm Swiss roll tin with nonstick baking paper and evenly spread meringue batter over..
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Lower the temperature to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3 and bake for a further 20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Once ready remove the meringue, turn it out and let it cool.
- Remove baking paper and add the filling.
- Spread a generous layer of Greek yoghurt, add more sliced berries and Roll up the meringue from one of the shorter sides to form a roulade.
- Finish with an extra berry on top, a light and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve and enjoy!