Light as a cloud, just sweet enough and soft as a souffle.
2 Large Happy Eggs
1½ tbsp Milk
¼ cup flour
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
2⅓ tbsp sugar
1. Separate egg whites and egg yolks into two different bowls, put the egg white in the fridge to chill
2. Add milk, flour, vanilla extract, baking powder and 1tsp sugar into the bowl
3. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth
4. Take egg whites out from the fridge and beat them very well
5. When egg whites turn foamy, add 1tbsp sugar and beat some more. Then add another 1tbsp sugar and continue to beat until the texture becomes stiffer.
6. Add ⅛ amount of meringue into the egg yellow mixture. Gently mix it.
7. Add another ⅛ amount of meringue and repeat the same thing again.
8. Transfer the egg yolk mixture into the bowl of meringue. Gently fold in two mixtures together. Try not to break the air bubbles in the meringue. Move the spatula in a forward/backward motion.
9. Turn on the hob and cook at low heat the entire time. (You can turn the hob on before step 8 to eliminate the pan heating wait time if you would like)
10. Coat the pan with melted butter. Scoop 3 pancakes onto the pan. Each pancake is small in size and higher in thickness.
11. Pour 1-2 tablespoon of water between the pancakes
12. Close the lid and wait 5 minutes for the pancakes to cook
13. Turn the pancakes very gently, pour another 1-2 tablespoon of water between the pancakes
14. Close the lid and wait for 2 minutes
15. Serve immediately and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.