With omelettes, the size of your pan is really important. A 22cm, non-stick pan is perfect for two eggs.
- 2 large Happy Eggs
- Salt and pepper
- A knob of butter
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, making sure there aren’t any large blobs of white, then season.
- Heat your butter in your frying pan until it drizzles and sizzles but be careful not to let it brown.
- Add in the eggs and give your pan a swirl so they cover the surface. Once the eggs start to set, pull in the edges using a spatula and give the pan a shake to fill in the gaps.
- Add in your favourite fillings.
- Once the omelette is set – but still slightly runny in the middle – fold it in half and slide it onto a plate. It will continue to cook on the inside.
If you’re cooking for a few, our family ham, cheese and tomato omelette recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Or give our Spanish style broad bean and feta frittata a try – perfect chilled and enjoyed on a summer’s day picnic.