This one-pan meal is perfect for a big family get together. Rustle up sweet potato hash, sausage and egg then tuck into a lazy Sunday brunch with your favourite people.
2 medium Happy Eggs
3 quality sausages, casings removed
1 sweet potato, diced
½ onion, diced
½ red pepper, diced
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 200C /180C
2. In a bowl, drizzle the sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, chilli powder, oregano and garlic. Season to taste and stir until well coated.
3. Spread the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Place it in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
4. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large ovenproof frying pan or skillet over a medium-high heat. Add onions and red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the sausages and cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is browned.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and stir everything together. Reduce your oven to 170C /150C
6. Make two deep wells in the centre of the mixture. Carefully break 1 egg into each hollow, taking care to keep the yolks intact. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg whites are set.
Sprinkle over sliced spring onions and dig in. And if it’s a tasty brunch for one you’re after, take a look at our recipe for poached eggs on avocado too.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs