350g spaghetti or linguine
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Happy Egg
4 Happy Egg yolks
140g pack diced pancetta, or smoked streaky bacon
2 tsp olive oil
50g parmesan, grated
1. Put the pasta in a pan and leave to boil.
2. Whilst the pasta boils, fry the pancetta in oil for a few minutes until crisp. Add garlic, fry for 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the four egg yolks and one whole egg with most of the parmesan and season.
4. Drain the pasta, saving some of the cooking water. Add the egg mixture and a tbsp of cooking water to the cooked pasta, then mix until pasta is coated and creamy.
5. Let the sauce cook in the heat of the pasta. Stir in the pancetta and garlic then serve with a sprinkle of parmesan.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs