3 Happy Eggs
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
100g smoked salmon, cut into strips
75g frozen peas
1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
280ml double cream
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C / Gas 6.
2. Place a baking tray in the oven.
3. Use the pastry to line the base and side of a 4cm x 20cm tin, trimming the pastry to fit. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork then freeze it for 15 minutes, or until firm.
4. Place the pastry tin on the hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove it from the oven then reduce the oven temperature to 180C.
5. Combine the salmon, peas, lemon rind and chives in a bowl. Place the mixture into the pastry case.
6. To make the egg mix, crack the eggs into a large jug and add the cream. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the salmon mixture in the pastry case. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and just set. Serve immediately.
Slice the quiche in half and place it on plates with a lightly dressed salad and some warm crusty bread.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs