Top a toasted muffin with creamy scrambled eggs and delicious smoked salmon. For protein, omega 3, and an excuse to lie in with the papers.
8 Happy Eggs (medium or large)
Smoked salmon, sliced (as much as you like)
4 English muffins
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat your grill on a high setting.
2. Crack the eggs into a measuring jug, add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk well.
3. Slice the muffins in half then pop them under the grill (keeping an eye on them while you prepare the eggs).
4. Put a medium saucepan over a low heat and add butter.
5. Leave it to melt slowly. When the butter starts to bubble, carefully pour in the eggs.
6. Stir with a wooden spoon until the eggs look silky, slightly runny and a little underdone. Remove from the hob – the heat in the pan will continue to cook the eggs nicely.
7. Place the toasted muffins on plates and top with the eggs plus piles of smoked salmon. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Add a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. And if you love this brunch idea, next time give poached egg and avocado on toast a go.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs