Serving up smashed avo, tomato and sunshine on toast… Follow our recipe for healthy poached eggs and avocado to enjoy a tasty brunch packed with vitamins.
2 Happy Eggs
50g cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 ripe avocados
4 slices of sourdough bread
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Fill a large pan with water and bring it to a light boil, then add the vinegar.
2. Cut your avocados in half then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Smash the avo until it’s chunky but spreadable, then stir in the tomatoes and add lime juice.
3. Preheat the grill to its highest setting or set a griddle pan on the hob over a medium-high heat.
4. Brush the sourdough slices with oil on both sides and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Crack each happy egg into a small ramekin.
6. Stir the water in the pan with a fork, creating a whirlpool. Gently tip each egg in and poach together for 2-3 minutes, using a slotted spoon to keep the eggs floating. Once cooked, remove the eggs and pop them onto kitchen paper.
7. Spread your toast with the avocado mix and top each dish with an egg.
Season with a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs