This protein-packed omelette makes a great meal at any time of day. Spice up your breakfast, or enjoy it as a healthy, tasty alternative to the usual lunch options.
100g egg whites
1 tsp butter
½ avocado, sliced
¼ red pepper, chopped
1 handful spinach leaves, chopped
2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese or feta
Pickled jalapeños to taste
1. In a small, non-stick pan warm the butter over a low heat.
2. Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk gently with a fork to let a little air in. Add the egg whites to the pan.
3. Once they start to set, add the avocado, peppers, spinach and goat cheese or feta.
4. Fold the egg over to one side.
5. Slide the egg onto a plate to serve.
Top with pickled jalapeños.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs