4 Happy Eggs
75g grated Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
4 spring onions, finely sliced
6 rashers streaky bacon, cooked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 210C/Fan 200C/ 425F Gas Mark 7. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, keep the yolks in half an egg shell and put back into the egg box temporarily.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape (you should be able to tip the bowl upside down without them falling out).
4. Fold in the grated cheese and three quarters of the spring onion. Using a large metal spoon place onto the lined baking tray forming 4 rounds. Using the back of the spoon to form a hollow in the centre of each the size of an egg yolk.
5. Bake for 5 minutes. Tip an egg yolk into the centre of each and bake for a further 5 minutes.
6. Scatter with remaining spring onion and bacon pieces. Serve hot.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs