8 tbsp self-raising flour
8 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 Happy Eggs
6 tbsp milk
6 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
A few drops of vanilla or peppermint essence
4 tbsp chocolate chips
Sprinkle of icing sugar
1. In one large mug, mix half of the sugar, self-raising flour and cocoa powder. Repeat this step with the other half in the second large mug.
2. Crack 1 Happy Egg into each mug and mix.
3. Add 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil, 3 tbsp milk and a few drops of vanilla or peppermint essence into each mug. Stir until smooth.
4. Add 2 tbsp of chocolate chips into each mug and mix again.
5. Put one mug in the microwave, cook for 1 min 30 secs – 2 mins 30 secs on high. Microwave cooking times alter from appliance to appliance so check after 1 min 30 secs to see if the cake mixture is cooked and springy but not wet to the touch, cook for 15 secs more and re-check, repeating until cooked. Repeat this step with the second mug.
6. Let the cakes cool for a moment then top with a sprinkle of icing sugar.
7. Enjoy straight from the mug!
Serve with some seasonal berries.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs