Our recipe for baked eggs and spinach is packed with flavour, vitamins and protein. Switch up your lunchtime or liven up mid-week with this Turkish-inspired dish.
4 large Happy Eggs
2 spring onions, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
150ml plain Greek-style yoghurt
1 garlic clove, halved
1. Mix the yoghurt, garlic and sea salt in a small bowl then set it to one side.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C /150C
3. Melt 1 tbsp butter with oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the leeks and spring onions and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft.
4. Add in the spinach and lemon juice then season. Increase the heat to medium-high, then turn the spinach for about 4-5 minutes until wilted.
5. Transfer the spinach to a 25cm ovenproof frying pan or skillet, leaving any excess liquid behind. Alternatively, for individual portions, transfer to 4 small ovenproof dishes.
6. Make 4 deep indentations in the centre of the spinach mixture. Carefully break 1 egg into each hollow, taking care to keep the yolks intact. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the egg whites set.
7. In the meantime, melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
8. Add chilli flakes, paprika and another pinch of salt then cook for 1-2 minutes until the butter starts to foam and browned bits form at the bottom of the pan. Add the oregano and cook for 30 seconds longer.
9. Remove garlic halves from the yoghurt and spoon the yoghurt over the spinach and eggs.
Drizzle the dish with spiced butter and enjoy it with toast.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs