Get a one-two hit of omega 3 with our delicious avocado egg cups. And kickstart your day with a natural protein boost.
4 medium Happy Eggs
1 bag of watercress
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C /170C.
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove their stones. Scoop out a little extra flesh to make room for the egg, keeping the flesh for your salad.
3. Crack an egg into each avocado half and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake the avocado halves in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is just cooked. To stop the avocados tipping, you can stand them in a bed of uncooked rice.
5. In the meantime, mix the watercress, tomatoes and remaining avocado in a bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil and balsamic and season.
7. Once the eggs are cooked, it’s time to serve.
For extra flavour, drizzle on a little homemade dressing. And if you love this recipe, you’ll enjoy our avocado and poached egg salad too.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs