This avocado and poached egg salad is full of protein and veggies, for a healthy take on any mealtime. The best bit? It’s ready in just 15 minutes.
4 large Happy Eggs
2 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
1 packet of pre-cooked, microwaveable quinoa
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bag of mixed lettuce leaves
1 tbsp pistachios
14 baby tomatoes, halved
1 handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 tsp grain mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill a large pan with water and bring it to a light boil, then add 2 tbsp vinegar.
2. Crack each egg into a small ramekin.
3. Stir the water in the pan to create a whirlpool then gently tip in the eggs. Use a slotted spoon to keep them floating, and poach for 2-3 minutes. Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Cook the quinoa following packet instructions, then tip into a large bowl.
5. Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh and slice.
6. Add avocado, baby tomatoes, lettuce leaves, chopped mint leaves and pistachios to the quinoa and mix together.
7. In a separate bowl mix the olive oil, remaining ½ tbsp of vinegar, mustard and season. Dress the salad.
Divide the salad between two big bowls and top each with a poached egg.
Learn more about the health benefits of eggs