Follow our guide on how to make classic pancakes, then declare it Pancake Day whenever you fancy. We recommend enjoying a fresh batch with a squeeze of lemon and a little sugar. Or, if you prefer your stack American style, try this recipe instead.
2 large happy eggs
100g plain flour
1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Add the flour, eggs, milk, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug.
- Whisk to a smooth batter. Set 30 mins if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Once the pan’s hot, cook your pancake for 1 minute on each side until golden.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven on a low heat while you carry on cooking the full batch.
- Serve classic, or with any toppings you fancy.
Squeeze a fresh wedge of lemon over your stack of pancakes and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.