4 Happy Eggs
75g grated Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
4 spring onions, finely sliced
6 rashers streaky bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 210C/Fan 200C/ 425F Gas Mark 7. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, keep the yolks in half an egg shell and put back into the egg box temporarily.
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape (you should be able to tip the bowl upside down without them falling out).
- Fold in the grated cheese and three quarters of the spring onion. Using a large metal spoon place onto the lined baking tray forming 4 rounds. Using the back of the spoon to form a hollow in the centre of each the size of an egg yolk.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Tip an egg yolk into the centre of each and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Scatter with remaining spring onion and bacon pieces. Serve hot.