Boost your day the easy way with Bec’s Crispy Courgette Fritters using Egg Whites.
– 2 whole courgettes
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
6 tbsp. Egg Whites
2 tbsp. plain flour
1 tbsp. corn flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Salt and pepper
Natural yoghurt or creme fraiche (optional)
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped finely
1/2 fresh lime
- Grate courgettes. Squeeze well to remove excess liquid and pat down with kitchen roll. Lay out and sprinkle with salt, leave to one side to help remove additional liquid.
- Add sliced spring onions (2), sesame oil, chilli flakes, Egg White, plain flour, corn flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and a good grind of black pepper to a large bowl.
- Add the grated courgette and mix well.
- In a large non stick fry pan, add a tsp. coconut oil. Once hot, add a table spoon of the mixture to the pan. Cook for 5 mins on one side. Flip and cook for the same on the other side.
- Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Stack up your fritters, sprinkle with extra spring onions, chopped coriander, squeeze of lime and a tablespoon of natural yoghurt or creme fraiche.