Roll into Summer with this finger food dish of Avocado & Egg
For the rolls:
100g vermicelli noodles
1 tsp soy
1 Tbs oil
1 avocado, finely sliced
1/2 red pepper
1 spring onion
A handful of finely chopped coriander
12 rice paper sheets
For the dipping sauce:
4 Tbs peanut butter
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
Juice and zest of one lime 1/4 cup water
- Cook the Vermicelli noodles as per the instructions on the pack. Drain and put to one side.
- Gently whisk the eggs and the soy together.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium/high heat.
- Pour in the eggs to create a thin layer and allow to cook until almost set.
- Turn off the heat and allow the eggs to continue cooking from the residual heat.
- Remove from the pan and roll up the egg like a pancake. Cut into 2cm strips
- Prep the avocado by cutting in half, removing the seed, and cutting into 1cm thick slices.
- Peel the carrot, then chop into matchsticks along with the pepper and cucumber.
- Fill a shallow dish (larger than the rice paper) with hot water.
- Place a sheet of rice paper into the water until soft, then onto a non-stick surface like baking paper.
- Add a piece of avocado, along with a small amount of the carrot, cucumber and pepper, to the top third of the rice paper.
- Add a piece of egg, a tablespoon on noodles and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Try not to overfill the top third with too many ingredients so that it’s easy to fold.
- Fold the very top of the rice paper to cover the ingredients.
- Fold in each side of the rice paper in towards the middle.
- Roll it up the rest of the way.
- Repeat with the rest of your rolls.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients except the water together.
- Gradually add the water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency.