Try baking eggs in an avocado for a one-two hit of omega 3. Find out how to make avocado egg cups and kickstart your day with a natural protein boost. And if you love this recipe, you’ll enjoy our avocado and poached egg salad too.
4 medium happy eggs
1 bag of watercress
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C /170°C
- Cut the avocados in half and remove their stones. Scoop out a little extra flesh to make room for the egg, keeping the flesh for your salad.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the avocado halves in the oven for about 15 minutes until the egg is just cooked. To stop the avocados tipping, you can stand them in a bed of uncooked rice.
- In the meantime, mix the watercress, tomatoes and remaining avocado in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil and balsamic and season.
- Once the eggs are cooked it’s time to serve.
For extra flavour, drizzle on a little homemade dressing.