Happy Egg Ratatouille Skillet
This classic French delicacy can only be improved by adding our stunning golden yolks.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 aubergine diced and tossed in salt (this will allow any excess water to be released)
1 courgette diced
1 yellow bell pepper diced
3 banana shallots diced
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp dried herbs de provence
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs thyme
1/2 lemon zest and juice
Seasoning- 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper
4 Happy Eggs
125g Goats cheese sliced
Handful roughly chopped parsley
Handful roughly torn basil
Crusty bread for dipping
- Heat 2 tbsp of oilive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat-high and sauté your aubergine, courgette and yellow pepper for 5 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan used to fry your veg, add a tbsp of olive oil and lightly fry the garlic for 1 min until fragrent. Add your shallots and fry for 3 mins until translucent.
- Stir through chopped tomatoes, herbs de provence, bay and thyme sprigs and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 mins until starting to thicken. Add your sauteed veg, lemon juice, zest, season and simmer for 5 mins.
- Increase the heat to medium and create 4 larger dips in the sauce for your Happy Eggs and 6 smaller for the goats cheese. Crack a Happy egg into each of the larger and cook for 3 mins before nestling your goats cheese into each of the smaller and cooking for a further 3.
- Once your egg whites are set, sprinkle over parsley, basil and a crack of black pepper and get dipping your bread into one almightily Happy Egg ratatouille!