Keep it simple with cheese or add to the joy by piling your favourite ingredients into the pan. However you love your omelette, follow our simple recipe.
The size of your pan is really important. A 22cm, non-stick pan is perfect for a 2 egg omelette.
For this basic omelette recipe you’ll need:
- 2 large happy eggs
- salt and pepper
- a knob of butter
- First, whisk your eggs in a bowl. Making sure there aren’t any large blobs of white (you don’t want a blotchy omelette) and then season.
- Heat your butter in your frying pan until it drizzles and starts to sizzle. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Add your eggs and give your pan a swirl so they cover the surface. Once the eggs start to set, pull in the edges using a spatula and give the pan another shake to fill in the gaps.
- You can now add your fillings.
- Once the omelette is set – but still slightly runny in the middle – fold it in half and slide it onto a plate. It will continue to cook on the inside.
If you’re cooking for a few, our family ham, cheese and tomato omelette recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Or give our Spanish style broad bean and feta frittata a try – perfect chilled and enjoyed on a summer’s day picnic.