February 6th, 2012 | Posted in Recipe Blogs by Mat
With the New Year in full swing, everyone is determined to succeed with their healthy eating plans. I’m not one to endorse a diet; I love my food as you know but everything in moderation and all that. I do believe in good food and MasterChef being on TV again has definitely inspired me to continue writing new exciting recipes. I thought I’d share my simple recipe that tastes amazing and looks pretty great too, just to keep up the momentum and to remind you that the healthy things don’t have to be boring.
Don’t forget that happy eggs are full of vitamin D – the perfect substitute for sunshine at this time of year and of course they keep you fuller for longer because of all that protein.
So why not try out my low fat brunch recipe below?
- Serves 1
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 50g smoked salmon
- 100g pre-cooked rice noodles
- 2 happy eggs
- 1 happy egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 25g fresh ginger, sliced into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Take a non-stick pan, heat a little of the sesame oil until it is just starting to smoke, then quickly toss the smoked salmon pieces in it, remove and put aside.
- Using the same pan (and a little more oil if needed), cook the rice noodles on a high heat until crispy; use a fish slice to press them down flat forming a pancake. Place the crispy noodles on a warm plate.
- Beat the happy eggs and happy egg yolk with a fork and add a pinch of salt to season. Again, in the same pan, cook the eggs on a moderate heat and pour onto the noodles just before they are completely set (they will finish cooking in their own heat on the plate).
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes, ginger and lime juice. Serve immediately.