Start your weekend with this tasty breakfast classic and a spring in your step.
2-4 happy eggs (medium or large)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 rashers of unsmoked dry cure, rindless back bacon
25g butter, softened
4 thick slices of white bread
ketchup or brown sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan then add the bacon. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, turning until crisp.
- While the bacon’s cooking, butter the bread and spread each slice with sauce.
- Pop the bacon on kitchen paper (to absorb excess oil) then keep it warm while you cook the
- Turning the heat up to medium-high, break each egg into the pan and leave for about 30 seconds.
- When the egg white looks almost set, turn the heat down low and, using a metal spoon, baste the eggs all over with fat from the The yolk will cook lightly on top and become opaque. For eggs slightly more well done, flip each one over using a palette knife or fish slice and cook for 5-10 seconds more.
- Divide the bacon between two slices of bread and, after draining the eggs on kitchen paper, place them on top. Pop the rest of the bread slices on top and serve.
Tuck into this tasty treat straight away, with a little extra sauce on the side.