Serve up smashed avocado, tomato and perfectly poached sunshine on toast.
2 happy eggs
50g cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 ripe avocados
4 slices of sourdough bread
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large pan with water and bring it to a light boil, then add the vinegar.
- Cut your avocados in half then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Smash the avo until it’s chunky but spreadable, stir in the tomatoes and add lime juice.
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting or set a griddle pan on the hob over a medium-high heat.
- Brush the sourdough slices with oil on both sides and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Crack each happy egg into a small ramekin.
- Stir the water in the pan with a fork, creating a whirlpool. Gently tip each egg in and poach together for 2-3 minutes, using a slotted spoon to keep the eggs floating. Once cooked, remove the eggs and pop them onto kitchen paper.
- Spread your toast with the avocado mix and top each dish with an egg.
Season with a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.