Dippy or hard-boiled, with our guide to boiling tasty eggs you’ll never have to worry about timings again.
- Pop your happy egg in a small, empty pan and add enough water to cover the shell.
- Put your pan on the hob at a medium-high heat and bring it to the boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, you’ll need to start timing.
- For a runny yolk time 3 minutes, turning the egg halfway through. For a slightly firmer yolk, time 5 minutes instead.
- When the time is up, lift your egg out of the water and pop it in an eggcup using a slotted spoon. Then slice off the top and enjoy!
- For hard-boiled eggs, you’ll need to time 3 minutes, then turn the hob off then let the egg sit in the pan for 8 minutes. Next, plunge it into cold water until cool and then serve.