Gooey, runny yolks you can enjoy at home. With our handy guide you’ll be poaching the best eggs on toast in no time.
- Heat a deep saucepan of water on the hob until it’s almost simmering. The bubbles should be tiny and there should be a little bit of steam rising from the pan.
- Crack your happy egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Taking a fork, stir the water in the pan in a circular motion to create a whirlpool effect.
- Gently pour your egg into the water, following the whirlpool. It should form a ball, but keep stirring the water to help it along.
- If you like runny poached egg time it for 3-4 minutes now. For a slightly firmer yolk, time 5-6
- Use a slotted spoon to lift your egg out of the pan and into a bowl of cold water momentarily.
- Serve and enjoy.