Keep it simple with cheese or add to the joy by piling your favourite ingredients into the pan. However you love your omelette, be sure to follow our handy cooking guide.
- Heat a small dab of oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Crack two happy eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, then beat gently with a fork. Pour the eggs into the pan.
- For the first 30 seconds or so, push the edges of the mixture into the middle with a spoon. Then tilt the pan so the eggs cook evenly.
- Turning the heat down slightly, cook for another minute or two until it looks firmer.
- Sprinkle on any toppings you fancy.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half, turn off the heat and leave it in the pan for a few seconds before serving.